Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Rising Suns

As time passes, trend changes. The beauty of yesterday, might be the ugly of today. Nowadays, seldom people will brag themselves that they want to be a 'wireman', which was quite a lucrative job last time. Medicine course is currently fading slowly (Pardon me). With cluster of courses offered in different colleges and universities of course also in some university colleges, teenagers are slowly diverting to their favourite courses, if not, a read-profit-making courses. Let me list down a few of these 'rising suns' and kindly allow me to provide a tiny briefing on these.

1) Actuarial Science
My friend (scored straight A1 in his SPM, except for G'CEO1119) told me about this when we were in Form 5. What I was informed is that the salary of an actuarist is quite high. Freshies will have a salary of RM3,000. I'm not sure though, and I will not be responsible for this. Actuarial Science is a subject that deals with Statistics. "Why purchase this land?" "Based on Statistics." "Why sell 300 units, instead of 400 units?" "Statistic pictures all." "Is it appropriate to approve loan to this fella?" "Statistic says it is best to avoid such people." Everything is more or less based on statistics, risk management, and decision making. It is quite a challenging job which requires highly conceptual and calculating skills. Graduates can hunt for promising jobs in banking, finance and insurance fields.

2) Psychology
A few friends of mine in UMS is currently doing this course and I can see that there really comfortable,they even counsel me in certain issues when i never even ask them about it,WAH so enthusiast about their line...Gud gud,that's how it should be,They have got the interest in it. Psychology is a field which involves the scientific studies of behaviour, emotional, personality and mental processes. It can be split to 2 fields, research psychology and applied psychology. For more information, kindly visit the Wikipedia.

3) Nutrition/Food Science
Pardon me for not knowing the differences. For me, they are 'almost' the same(Wakks). I never really like it much because its a field which deals with food and the contents in it,Nambelam setakat makan than,arachi suma sori naik lorila,pechi kurange!!. And when I inquired about the differences between the nutrition and food science, my fren told me,this courses are mainly opened to girls, which means, I didn't get the explanation of the differences between them. I'm sorry.But as overall, ada prospect in F&B beverages line lah but in the end its just not my cup of tea...

4) Computer Science/IT/Software Engineering (and related field)
As Bill Gates is still the currently World Richest Man, this draws the attention of many Gates-wannabes to this field. And of course, now we are moving towards the cyber-world. Globalize and glocalize (by Najib). We know that most of the houses have at least a computer, most of the computer can't last longer than 5 years, most of the computers will be infected by severe virus or Trojan inspections within a year, new technologies using the computer is vastly emerging. So, opportunities are wide outside there. These fields are mainly involve in computers. Note that I'm jumbling all the hardwares and softwares into these fields. They are somehow related, but I'm just too lazy to segregate them one by one for now. Regarding about my experience, I'm actually gifted in this field. I've taken 2 years of University education regarding about Computer Science(Software Engineering), and although in an average level; I did manage to survive somehow,fuuuh!!thanks to the gr8 lord to help me float,my frens and ma pemanis hati....its just my cup of tea =)

5) Marketing/Public Relation
A very challenging field too. Students who wish to get themselves exposed to the public can select one of these course. Marketing, no doubt, is listed as one of the highest-salary-paid job. It can be said as the limb of a company, finding source to feed the company. Today, as the MLMs are blooming, they also provide their 'marketing strategies' to their members as well, now everyone of us anyone can even become a salesman! And yeah, if you joined their talks, they will tell you they've become rich! To digress a little, here's an advice, if you really want to join Multilevel Marketing (MLM), make sure mark your right company.kalo pandai cakap macam my fren Kalai Arasu,then u r in the pink of wealth....:) Public Relation, a course which has to interact with the public. It trains you to organize an event (like what you've seen in The Apprentice and Please, Give Me A Job), raise funds, find sponsors, find advertisements, rush for deadlines, deal with the organizers, and etc. Quite an exposing job, I would like to say.

Actually, there are many other courses, eg. Accounting, Business Admin, Logistic & Supply Chain, Industrial Chem, Biotechnology, Geology, Environmental Studies, Educators & Academicians, Forestry, Marine and etc however, I'd like to just focus these 5 fields. For the other fields, I will post it when I have plenty of time =)

As a conclusion, I would like to provide a final advice here, be it your favourite or profit-making course, make sure that you never never never regret of what you've done. Take everything as a milestone for your success. This world is never meant for one as beautiful as you.Remember once your in there's no turning back,just keep movin front x matter what.Gd luck n Cheers! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

::: Advertlets :::

::: Just 1-Click :::